Clear Channel Media and Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply for any available position for which they are qualified.
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for 1140 WRVA, Lite98, XL102, Q94, 106.5 The Beat, and Sports Radio 910, please provide Clear Channel Richmond with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number and contact person and identify the categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at Clear Channel Richmond. HR Director, Amy Kusmin at 804-474-0000 or write to 3245 Basie Rd., Richmond, VA 23228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of Clear Channel Richmond to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
Please Complete and Include an Employment Application with other requested information:
Clear Channel Richmond EEO Public File Report
A leading seven-station radio group is looking for an organized and creative individual to be the Promotions Director for two of our highly-visible and active radio stations. 106.5 The Beat (WBTJ) and Q94 (WRVQ).
The Promotions Director will be responsible for the creation, management and oversight of all promotions and contesting for your stations. The successful candidate will be creative, highly motivated, highly organized and a team player with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced business environment. Finally, having a demonstrated history of being passionate about promotional events and the radio industry in general would be a huge positive.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Plan and execute promotional events and contests that take place on-air, on-line and on-site
• Implement all aspects of contesting on a day-to-day basis
• Display a positive, courteous and professional attitude while dealing with clients, listeners, contest winners and attendees of station events
• Create promotions and promotional proposals with Program Directors and Sales Managers
• Plan all aspects of station events including scheduling crew, vehicles, equipment and talent
• Work collaboratively and positively with Programming, Sales and other departments as required
• Set-up and breakdown promotional equipment/materials for on-site promotional, sales and charity events as needed
• Must be available to attend the higher-profile station events on a regular basis, often times on weekends and evenings in nightclubs and other concert venues
• Maximize integration with on air and online products
• Identify relevant community events and work closely with Sales to develop revenue-generating partnerships
• Work with sales staff to identify available inventory and tout new features
• Maintain accurate records of contestants, and ensure contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and law.
• Maintain station prize closet, inventory of station premiums and inventory and control of station banners.
• Prepare affidavits for clients attesting to the promotional announcements aired for a particular campaign.
• Coordinate all prizes and winners and make sure prizes are available for front desk distribution. Handle all release forms to insure 1099’s are in order for distribution.
• Help manage and maintain station web sites and social media on a day-to-day basis
• Must have the Proven ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet competing deadlines
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and database management
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours, as necessary
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive station vehicles to and from station activities if required
• Related experience is required, preferably in radio or media and a college degree in marketing or communications is preferred
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
RICHMOND, Virginia, United States
Please apply for the position online here at www.clearcareers.com
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply for this and any other available position for which they are qualified.
Do you have a strong desire to succeed in a competitive, fun and friendly work atmosphere? Are you out-going, a self-starter, well organized and motivated by the desire to earn a large income? If so, we want to talk to you! Clear Channel Richmond is searching for account managers for several of their Richmond, VA radio stations. Radio sales experience is preferred, but not required if you have a minimum of two years experience in outside sales. Must be able to negotiate business and achieve revenue goals, develop new advertisers and service existing clients. For consideration send resume in confidence to:
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment
3245 Basie Road
Richmond, VA 23228
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, or age.
Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your equal employment rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washinton, D.C. 20554, or other appropriate federal, state, or local agency.